Jabari Greer to have groin surgery
METAIRIE, La. -- Saints assistant head coach Joe Vitt says first-team cornerback Jabari Greer will have sports hernia surgery after pulling his groin during practice this week.
Vitt says Greer was sent to see a doctor in Philadelphia for the procedure and should return in time for the regular season.
Greer came up lame during practice on Tuesday. Rookie receiver Nick Toon left Thursday's practice with an apparent foot injury, which is being evaluated.
Meanwhile, rookie defensive tackle Akiem Hicks says he expects to return Friday to full practice and play in Sunday's Hall of Fame game against Arizona. He's recovered from a broken right hand, which forced him to miss the first seven practices of training camp.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Redskins' Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Urlacher: Bears should stick with McCown
- Ravens' Elam on Megatron: 'He's pretty old'
- NFL to look at big changes for replay system
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- GameWear New Orleans Saints NFL Classic Team Football Keychain