John Moffitt likely to have surgery
Moffitt's elbow has been causing problems for him recently and forced him to leave practice early Thursday. His left arm was in a sling during Friday's walk-through.
Coach Pete Carroll said Moffitt is likely to undergo surgery to clean up some "loose bodies" in his elbow.
Deuce Lutui will start in place of Moffitt at right guard for the team's preseason opener Saturday against the Tennessee Titans. Rookies J.R. Sweezy and Rishaw Johnson also are expected to see time at the position.
Carroll said the injury is not likely to force Moffitt to miss the season opener against Arizona.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Great American Products Seattle Seahawks Grub Jug