Desmond Bishop's season in doubt
Bishop hurt his hamstring and sprained his knee in the first quarter of the Packers' preseason loss at San Diego on Thursday and had to be helped to the sideline.
McCarthy said Saturday night, "Unfortunately, the hamstring injury is what we feared."
Bishop, a sixth-year player out of Cal, started 13 games for the Packers last season -- missing three with a calf injury -- and had five sacks. D.J. Smith would likely take his place.
McCarthy said cornerback Devon House will miss two to three weeks with a shoulder injury and running back James Starks is "week to week" with a turf toe injury.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Manziel will work out for Browns
- Kelly leaves NYC to continue cancer treatment
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Antigua Men's Green Bay Packers Esteem Long Sleeve Green Shirt