Andrew Luck throws TD on 1st pass
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indianapolis Colts got Luck in the NFL draft, and on Sunday's first offensive play, they got lucky again.
No, it wasn't exactly a textbook pass play. Luck, in the face of pressure, dumped the ball off to Brown, who started up the field, cut from left to right and outran the St. Louis Rams defense to the end zone for a 7-0 lead. The Rams did not give up a throw of more than 50 yards during the preseason last year.
It was a reminder of the past for Colts fans.
Luck played most of the first half in his Colts debut. He finished 10-of-16 passing for 188 yards and two TDs, the second a 23-yard pass to Austin Collie.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Panthers officially cut ties with receiver Smith
- Sources: Pats' Wilfork asks team for release
- Eagles acquire Sproles for 5th-round pick
- Martin on 49ers: 'It's a blank slate for me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- The Highland Mint Denver Broncos Peyton Manning Panoramic Photo Mint