Darren Sproles to miss next game
METAIRIE, La. -- New Orleans Saints assistant head coach Joe Vitt says running back Darren Sproles will not play in the next preseason game against Jacksonville on Friday night because of knee soreness.
Sproles was one of several players who sat out Monday's practice, the first since the Saints played at New England last Thursday night.
Vitt says Adrian Arrington, who had injured his knee before the Saints' first preseason game, has had surgery to repair a meniscus tear. However, the coach has not given a timetable for the receiver's return.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rivers, Chargers hand Broncos rare home loss
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Bears to start Cutler at QB against Browns
- Megatron to show Elam 'old man's strength'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Antigua Men's New Orleans Saints Black Tone Polo