Greg Jennings may return Sunday
Jennings has been out of practice since he sustained a concussion in the Packers' Aug. 3 "Family Night" scrimmage at Lambeau Field. McCarthy said Friday that Jennings had progressed through the protocol for returning from head injuries and was close to returning.
The Packers' next practice is Sunday.
McCarthy also says linebacker Desmond Bishop had surgery Friday after tearing his right hamstring in the Packers' first preseason game.
It is not clear if Bishop will miss the season, although McCarthy said previously that his season was in jeopardy.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL to release schedule Wednesday night
- Bills' Marrone had cancerous mole removed
- Men linked by Tillman tragedy make contact
- Former Jaguars LB Allen had stroke in game
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Youth Home Game Jersey Minnesota Vikings Greg Jennings #15