Greg Jennings may return Sunday
Jennings has been out of practice since he sustained a concussion in the Packers' Aug. 3 "Family Night" scrimmage at Lambeau Field. McCarthy said Friday that Jennings had progressed through the protocol for returning from head injuries and was close to returning.
The Packers' next practice is Sunday.
McCarthy also says linebacker Desmond Bishop had surgery Friday after tearing his right hamstring in the Packers' first preseason game.
It is not clear if Bishop will miss the season, although McCarthy said previously that his season was in jeopardy.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch plans holdout over contract
- 49ers' Smith: I've stayed sober since Sept.
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Romo says his best football is yet to come
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Minnesota Vikings Greg Jennings #15