Will Svitek (arm) to miss season
Coach Mike Smith said Monday Svitek suffered an upper right arm injury in Sunday's practice. Smith provided no other details about the injury.
Svitek played behind starting left tackle Sam Baker and starting right tackle Tyson Clabo in the Falcons' two preseason games. The 30-year-old Svitek started 10 games at left tackle in 2011. He was entering his fourth season with the Falcons after three seasons with Kansas City.
Smith says Svitek is "one of the toughest players I know" and will be missed.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Mo' money: NFL teams split $6B in revenue
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- NFL supplemental draft passes without a pick
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Photo File Atlanta Falcons Julio Jones Framed Photo