James Harrison hopeful for Week 1
Harrison had a minor procedure on the knee last week and hasn't practiced at all during training camp. He was activated from the physically unable to perform list before Sunday's preseason game against Indianapolis but did not dress.
The 34-year-old Harrison said Tuesday he tried to play through some discomfort during minicamp but the knee flared up whenever he would try to cut. Though the four-time Pro Bowler has spent nine seasons with the Steelers, he believes he needs to practice at least a few times before being OK'd to play.
Harrison added he's been impressed with how second-year linebacker Chris Carter has played in his absence.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Saban hosts Peyton in visit of 'mutual benefit'
- Former QB McNabb spends day in jail for DUI
- Source: Watt has 5th-year option exercised
- Ravens activate LB McClain from reserve list
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Men's Pittsburgh Steelers Legend Elite Font Gold Performance T-Shirt