Trent Richardson expected in opener
More From ESPN.com
If Trent Richardson does end up playing in the opener, limiting his touches is the right move by the Browns, writes Jamison Hensley. Blog
The Browns are likely to limit Richardson's workload until he has more time to heal from his most recent knee surgery, the source told Schefter.
Richardson had what the team termed "routine arthroscopic" surgery by Dr. James Andrews in Pensacola, Fla., on Aug. 9.
Andrews did a similar procedure on Richardson on Feb. 3 to repair a torn meniscus the running back suffered in the same knee while playing for Alabama during its BCS national championship victory over LSU.
Information from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL to release schedule Wednesday night
- Mara: Expanded NFL playoffs likely out for '14
- Bills' Marrone had cancerous mole removed
- Men linked by Tillman tragedy make contact
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Indianapolis Colts Trent Richardson #34