Corey Peters must sit 1st six games
Peters missed all of training camp and preseason with a left foot injury. The earliest Peters can return is Oct. 28 at Philadelphia. He must sit out the first six games.
Peters, a third-round pick out of Kentucky in 2010, started 30 of his 31 games over the past two years. Peria Jerry is starting at nose tackle to replace Peters, who has 73 tackles, four sacks, one interception, one fumble recovery and three passes defensed in his career.
NFL teams have to reach the 75-man roster limit by Monday.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texans RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Men's Salute to Service Game Jersey Atlanta Falcons Matt Ryan #2