Andre Smith back in Bengals' fold
Smith, 26, has yet to practice for the Bengals since signing a three-year, $18 million contract during the NFL draft. The deal contains $5 million guaranteed.
Smith didn't attend any of the offseason workouts and skipped the mandatory minicamp for personal reasons, which drew a fine from the Bengals. He reported to training camp at 342 pounds, seven pounds heavier than last year's playing weight, and he had to sit out the team's first four practices with a minor calf injury.
Last season, Smith was the highest-rated right tackle by Pro Football Focus but drew little interest in free agency because of past issues with his weight and work ethic. He is entering his third season as the Bengals' full-time starting right tackle.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Jones-Drew: London deserves an NFL team
- Johnson: Lions 'need to win a Super Bowl'
- Pack hold off Favre return, afraid of booing
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Cincinnati Bengals Coaches Sideline White Polo