Reshad Jones gets extension
More from ESPN.com
Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland made a huge investment by signing safety Reshad Jones to a $29.3 million extension. Ireland hasn't been afraid to write large checks this offseason, writes James Walker. Blog
The contract includes $15 million guaranteed for Jones, who would have been an unrestricted free agent in 2014.
Jones, entering his fourth season out of Georgia, had four interceptions and 94 combined tackles last season.
Jones wrote a message of thanks on Twitter, without confirming the deal.
Just want 2 take this time 2 thank God for this blessing!! And thank the dolphins Organization, family,friends, and fans that be believed!— Reshad Jones (@reshadjones9) August 6, 2013
Information from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Super costly: Tickets may hit all-time high
- Lynch offers statement, doesn't answer Q's
- Sherman hopes baby waits until after Sunday
- Sources: Pats victim of late-night fire alarms
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Miami Dolphins Brian Hartline #82