Donald Jones retires from NFL
Free-agent wide receiver Donald Jones announced Wednesday on Twitter that he will retire because of a pre-existing kidney disease.
Jones revealed his decision to retire in two tweets:
One of the hardest decisions of my life but yet soo easy!!!!! pic.twitter.com/3I67u1fGWR— Donald (@Dajones19) August 7, 2013
Part 11 lol pic.twitter.com/Jws7J9ZtAG— Donald (@Dajones19) August 7, 2013
Jones signed with the New England Patriots in March, but was released on July 19.
Previously, Jones played three seasons with the Buffalo Bills, setting career highs with 41 receptions, 443 receiving yards and four touchdowns last season.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers not cleared, still under evaluation
- Broncos' Welker still not cleared to practice
- Marshall almost pulled 'a Dez Bryant' Dec. 1
- Durable Redskins LB Fletcher likely to retire
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
MORE FROM ESPN BOSTON
- Nike Men's Buffalo Bills Fly Speed Knit Jacket