Jonathan Vilma battling injury
Vilma, 31, has missed six of the past eight practice sessions and did not participate in the first preseason game. The team has not revealed what Vilma's injury is. Coach Sean Payton said Wednesday he wasn't going to discuss the situations of any injured players.
Vilma missed six games with a knee injury last season.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Panthers officially cut ties with receiver Smith
- Sources: Pats' Wilfork asks team for release
- Eagles acquire Sproles for 5th-round pick
- Martin on 49ers: 'It's a blank slate for me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's New Orleans Saints Esteem Long Sleeve Black Shirt