Jamaal Charles: Foot injury 'weird'
Charles spoke to reporters before hitting the practice field for the first time since last Monday, when he stepped on a teammate during the workout. He missed Friday night's preseason game against San Francisco and his status for next weekend's game at Pittsburgh is undecided.
Rookie running back Knile Davis worked out with the first team while Charles was out.
Charles said it was the first time he'd had this type of foot strain, calling the injury "weird" and that "it was definitely scary" because it affected the way he runs.
When asked whether there was any hesitation about practicing Sunday, Charles said, "Oh no."
The Chiefs are not scheduled to practice Monday.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peyton ready to move on from Super Bowl
- Source: QB Freeman nears deal with Giants
- He's serious: Trump wants to purchase Bills
- Ex-Titans running back Johnson visits Jets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Away Game Jersey Kansas City Chiefs Jamaal Charles #25