Jamaal Charles: Foot injury 'weird'
Charles spoke to reporters before hitting the practice field for the first time since last Monday, when he stepped on a teammate during the workout. He missed Friday night's preseason game against San Francisco and his status for next weekend's game at Pittsburgh is undecided.
Rookie running back Knile Davis worked out with the first team while Charles was out.
Charles said it was the first time he'd had this type of foot strain, calling the injury "weird" and that "it was definitely scary" because it affected the way he runs.
When asked whether there was any hesitation about practicing Sunday, Charles said, "Oh no."
The Chiefs are not scheduled to practice Monday.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Steelers' Bell, Blount set to face pot charges
- Backup Manziel says he needs to earn way
- Doctors: Jim Kelly has no evidence of cancer
- Texans' Clowney exits practice after collision
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Jamaal Charles Wall Graphic