Jaguars release Mohamed Massaquoi
The moves were somewhat expected since both had fallen on the depth chart during training camp and preseason.
Massaquoi was behind Cecil Shorts III, Justin Blackmon, Ace Sanders, Mike Brown, Jordan Shipley and Tobais Palmer. Spitz, who snapped a ball over quarterback Mike Kafka's head in Saturday's preseason game against the New York Jets, was working with the third-team offensive line.
Massaquoi, a second-round pick by Cleveland in 2009, has 118 receptions for 1,745 yards and seven touchdowns. He signed with Jacksonville in April, getting a $65,000 bonus.
Spitz, a third-round pick by Green Bay in 2006, has started 45 games over seven seasons. He missed all of last year with a foot injury.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Jags send former 1st-rounder Gabbert to SF
- Cowboys cut ties with top pass-rusher Ware
- Source: CB Davis gets $39M deal from Colts
- Sources: Browns, Raiders inquire on Revis
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Jacksonville Jaguars Leader Black Full-Zip Jacket