Jairus Byrd arrives at Bills' facility
The Bills also said Byrd will travel with the team for their preseason game against the Washington Redskins on Saturday. The Bills did not say if he will be in uniform or will play.
Byrd signed his one-year, $6.9 million franchise tender on Tuesday night, one day before the Bills ended their training camp at St. John Fisher College in New York. Byrd did not report for the start of training camp in July.
On Wednesday, the NFL granted a roster exemption for Byrd that begins Tuesday -- when teams must cut their rosters to 75 players -- and expires Aug. 30. Byrd can practice but cannot play while under the exemption.
If Byrd is activated for Saturday's game, the exemption will be gone, and he would count on the active list when rosters are reduced Tuesday.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Jags send former 1st-rounder Gabbert to SF
- Cowboys cut ties with top pass-rusher Ware
- Source: CB Davis gets $39M deal from Colts
- Sources: Browns, Raiders inquire on Revis
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Buffalo Bills Sideline Authentic 59Fifty Royal Fitted Hat