Jarvis Jones out of hospital
Jones was hurt in the Steelers' 26-20 overtime loss to the Chiefs as he was tackled after a 22-yard interception return. Jones, the team's first-round pick in April, stayed down on the Heinz Field turf before getting up and trotting to the Steelers' sidelines.
He was later taken out of the stadium on a stretcher, however, and taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Jones has shined during the preseason and is pushing fourth-year veteran Jason Worilds for the starting job at right outside linebacker.
The 6-foot-2, 245-pounder made several big plays against the Chiefs. In addition to the interception, which was negated by a penalty on cornerback Josh Victorian, Jones leveled Kansas City running back Knile Davis on a kickoff return, pinning the Chiefs deep in their own territory.
The former Georgia star was the 17th overall pick of the 2013 NFL draft.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sherman still holds grudge against Crabtree
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- Redskins S Jackson banned indefinitely again
- Mathieu advice to Gordon: Pick yourself up
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Pittsburgh Steelers Jarvis Jones #95