Lions cut Ronnell Lewis, Chris Hope
The Lions made the moves Sunday.
Detroit drafted Lewis in the fourth round last year and he played sparingly as a rookie. He pleaded no contest to misdemeanor charges after an arrest at an Oklahoma bar in April.
Lewis became expendable because the Lions drafted defensive ends Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah fifth overall and Devin Taylor in the fourth round this year, signed Jason Jones and Israel Idonije and re-signed Willie Young.
Hope signed with the Lions in June after he started 113 games in the regular season and seven postseason games over 11 seasons with Pittsburgh, Tennessee and Atlanta.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Bucs' Goldson says rep as dirty 'ridiculous'
- Redskins' Cousins to start in place of RG III
- MJD hopes to be back with Jags next season
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Detroit Lions Black Tone Polo