Blues' Alex Pietrangelo out Game 2
Pietrangelo was injured during Game 1 when he was hit into the boards by Kings forward Dwight King and sat out Sunday's practice. The Blues will play Ian Cole in his place, pairing Cole with Carlo Colaiacovo.
"Right now, he's an injured player," Hitchcock said Monday morning of his franchise defenseman. "If he's in the warmup before the game, he's a player. Right now, we're deciding. (He) feels good so far."
Pietrangelo was believed to have suffered a possible concussion on the play and Hitchcock said it was an upper-body injury following Game 1. That's no longer the case.
"It's not an upper. It's between the middle and lower," he said. "You've got it in the wrong place." When he was reminded that he was the one who reported it as an upper-body injury, Hitchcock laughed.
"Did I? (Darn) coaches, they lie all the time," he said. "I changed my mind. Get the dogs off the scent."
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Kunitz, Crosby lead Pens to 6th straight win
- Miller lifts Sabres to rare 2-game win streak
- Flyers stun Jackets on Giroux's 2 late goals
- Six players to wear new, lighter equipment
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MORE FROM ESPN LOS ANGELES
- Antigua Women's St. Louis Blues Royal Signature Full-Zip Fleece Hoodie