Valtteri Filppula exits with injury
CHICAGO -- Detroit center Valtteri Filppula has been knocked out of Game 7 of the Red Wings' second-round series against Chicago because of an undisclosed lower-body injury.
Filppula played just two shifts in the first period Wednesday night before leaving. The Red Wings say he won't return to the game.
Filppula has two goals and four assists in the Red Wings' postseason games this year.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Letang practices with Pens, but return uncertain
- Blues' Tarasenko needs surgery, out 6 weeks
- Boychuk (leg) out for Bruins, is day to day
- Stajan thankful for support after death of son
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Gear For Sports Women's Detroit Red Wings Thermal Red Shirt