RED WINGS WIN SERIES 4-2
- GAME 1: PENGUINS 0 @ WINGS 4 FINAL
- GAME 2: PENGUINS 0 @ WINGS 3 FINAL
- GAME 3: WINGS 2 @ PENGUINS 3 FINAL
- GAME 4: WINGS 2 @ PENGUINS 1 FINAL
- GAME 5: PENGUINS 4 @ WINGS 3 FINAL
- GAME 6: WINGS 3 @ PENGUINS 2 FINAL
• Defining moment: Pens' last-second scare
• Cherry/Melrose: The best team won
• MVP: Zetterberg | Crosby passes finals test
ESPN.com Research Notes
The Detroit Red Wings have now won four Stanley Cups since 1997 (1997, 1998, 2002 and 2008).
The Wings were the last team to win the Presidents' Trophy and the Stanley Cup in the same season in 2002, and they did it again this season.
Detroit handed Pittsburgh its first Stanley Cup finals series loss. They had won their other two appearances in 1991 and '92.
Who's your Conn Smythe front-runner? Will home-ice mean anything in the Cup finals? Who will win it all? Have your say here, SportsNation! Vote
ESPN.com NHL Content Archive
- Q&A: Lightning's Bishop ready to take on the world (2 days ago)
- Which NHL team will land Jimmy Vesey? (3 days ago)
- When will McDavid overtake Crosby as world's best? (4 days ago)
- Why the Canadiens will win the Atlantic (5 days ago)
- Q&A: Las Vegas GM George McPhee (6 days ago)
- No. 1 pick Auston Matthews, in his own words (6 days ago)
- Is Dennis Wideman's concussion defense legit? (9 days ago)
- Photos: P.K. Subban in Nashville Predators colors (12 days ago)
- Trade possibilities for 10 of NHL's top RFAs (12 days ago)
- Crosby proud to bring Cup home again (14 days ago)
- Stanley Cup finals ratings near pre-lockout levels
- Wings prove they're still winners in salary cap era
- Lidstrom becomes first Euro captain to win Cup
- Babcock questions Game 5 OT interference calls
- Wings' Holmstrom expects to return for Game 5
- Babcock, Wings agree new deal for coach coming
- On Detroit TVs, hockey surpasses hoops handily
- Penguins to open Igloo so fans can watch Game 5
- Tampering? Outdoor tilt? Bettman dishes at finals
DET/PIT Injury Report
|Tomas Holmstrom - LW - Jun 2|
Holmstrom (hamstring) will play in Game 5 on Monday, the Detroit Free Press reports.
|Johan Franzen - LW - May 25|
Franzen (concussion-like symptoms) may play in Game 2 on Monday, but is more likely to return for Game 3 or 4 in Pittsburgh, ...
|Sergei Gonchar - D - Jun 4|
Gonchar will play in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals on Wednesday, according to TSN.
|Philippe Boucher - D - May 22|
Boucher revealed the exact nature of his hip injury is a torn hip flexor, the Dallas Morning News reports.
|NHL Injury Report|
Finals thoughts and a fond farewell