Blue Jackets put Jared Boll on IR
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The Columbus Blue Jackets have placed forward Jared Boll on injured reserve retroactive to Nov. 22 because of a bruised foot and have added forward Sean Collins to the roster on emergency recall from Springfield of the AHL.
Boll, the longest serving current Blue Jacket, is eligible to return on Nov. 30.
Boll has a goal and 38 penalty minutes in 21 games this season. He has 25 goals and 28 assists in 409 career NHL games, all with the Blue Jackets. He ranks fourth in games played in franchise history and is second in penalty minutes with 1,001 -- just 25 minutes behind leader Jody Shelley.
Collins has an assist in five games with the Blue Jackets this season.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
- GM: Tortorella talk 'rumor and speculation'
- Capitals bring back Orlov for two years, $4M
- Backlund, Flames bombard struggling Ducks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Columbus Blue Jackets Carpet Tiles