Wild's Zach Parise out 2-3 weeks
Parise, who leads Minnesota with 22 points (11 goals, 11 assists), left Monday's 3-0 loss at St. Louis with a bruised left foot after blocking a shot by the Blues' Alexander Steen in the first period.
Parise gingerly made his way to the bench and played three shifts in the second period before departing. He was walking with a noticeable limp after the game.
"First off, when a guy like Zach gets hurt, it's always concerning because he's a top-notch player and brings an awful lot more than just scoring goals," coach Mike Yeo told the league's official website. "But I do think that we're a deep enough team and I think we have enough character that we should be able to battle through it."
The left wing had not missed a game since signing a $98 million, 13-year deal with Minnesota in July 2012.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
- Bruins win 7th straight for top spot in East
- Marleau, Pavelski power Sharks to SO win
- Blues stay on top with 3rd-period barrage
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Women's Minnesota Wild Zach Parise #11 Green Alternate Premier Jersey