Rostislav Klesla clears waivers
The Coyotes have been struggling defensively the past few weeks and shook up their defense on Tuesday by placing Klesla on waivers. Once one of Phoenix's top defensemen, Klesla had seen his playing time reduced as he labored inside the blue line.
Klesla missed the first three games of the season with a concussion suffered in preseason and had a goal and two assists in 15 games.
He appeared in 65 games in 2011-12, when the Coyotes reached the Western Conference finals for the first time, and played 38 games during the lockout-shortened 2012-13 season, scoring two goals with six assists.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Phoenix Coyotes Rink Runner Floor Mat