Seth Jones hit in face with puck
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Nashville Predators defenseman Seth Jones was hit in the face by a puck in the first period Saturday night against the Montreal Canadiens, and the team said he would not return to the game.
With 8 seconds remaining in the period, Jones was standing to the left of the Nashville net. A slap shot from the left point by Montreal defenseman Andrei Markov deflected off of traffic in front and struck Jones on the left side of his face.
Jones, who wears a protective visor, dropped to the ice immediately and was tended to by medical personnel before skating off the ice under his own power.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Blue Jackets activate Tyutin, reassign Goloubef
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Youth Montreal Canadiens Big Logo Blue T-Shirt