Caps send Philipp Grubauer to AHL
The Capitals made the move Monday.
Grubauer had been on pace to establish himself as the Capitals' No. 1 goalie until he was pulled from the last two games. He allowed three goals on 14 shots Friday against the Columbus Blue Jackets and three goals on eight shots Sunday against the New York Rangers.
The 22-year-old Grubauer has appeared in 16 games with a 6-4-5 record, a 2.38 goals-against average and a .926 save percentage. He earned his first NHL win Dec. 8 against the Rangers and has started 14 of Washington's last 20 games.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens' Letang cleared to practice after stroke
- Stars-Jackets game rescheduled for April 9
- Flyers beat Penguins for second straight day
- Sharks shrug off Rangers to win 6th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Youth Washington Capitals Big Logo Red T-Shirt