Mike Green out against Red Wings
DETROIT -- Washington Capitals defenseman Mike Green was scratched from Friday night's game against the Detroit Red Wings with an upper-body injury, which he suffered against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Thursday.
Green, who has a concussion history, left Thursday's game following a big hit into the boards from Columbus forward Boone Jenner during the first period of the 5-2 loss to the Blue Jackets.
"It was a good, hard hit," Oates said of the collision.
Green averages nearly 23 minutes per game of ice time on the Capitals' defense and has 30 points in 51 games for Washington this season.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Bishop gets 31st win to set Lightning record
- Canadiens storm back to down Sens in OT
- Read, Flyers shut out short-handed Penguins
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Washington Capitals Mike Green #52 Home Red Premier Jersey