Jay McClement signs with Hurricanes
The 31-year-old forward, who spent the last two seasons with the Toronto Maple Leafs, led the team with a 53.6% faceoff percentage.
"Jay is a veteran centerman who is proficient in the faceoff circle," said Hurricanes executive vice president and General Ron Francis in a team release. "He'll also provide elements of consistency and leadership for our club."
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Brassard, Rangers agree on five-year deal
- Reimer agrees to two-year deal with Leafs
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
- Eller agrees to 4-year deal with Canadiens
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Toronto Maple Leafs Two Pack Backseat Utility Mats