Mattias Ohlund has knees scoped
The procedures were performed by team Dr. Ira Guttentag.
Ohlund could be out four to six weeks, although the team is officially saying he is out indefinitely.
Ohlund, 35, who has yet to play this season, had five assists and had a plus/minus of minus-7 in 72 games last season, but added three points and was a plus-5 in 18 postseason games as Tampa Bay advanced to the Eastern Conference finals.
He has 93 goals and 343 points in 909 NHL games with Tampa Bay and Vancouver.
Pierre LeBrun is an NHL writer for ESPN.com.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ducks beat Kings after tying goal waived off
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Bishop gets 31st win to set Lightning record
- Canadiens storm back to down Sens in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Tampa Bay Lightning Dream Blue T-Shirt