Pens' Tyler Kennedy has head injury
"We were made aware of the symptoms last night," Bylsma told reporters. "That's why he was not on the ice and won't be there tonight [against Winnipeg]. I'm not entirely sure about [if something happened against Buffalo] other than last night Tyler talked to our trainers and is getting evaluated this morning. We'll go from there."
The Penguins (3-1-2) have also been without Evgeni Malkin, who has missed three of the past four games with lingering soreness in his surgically repaired right knee. Captain Sidney Crosby, who hasn't played since Jan. 5 because of concussion-like symptoms, was cleared for contact last week, but there is no specific timetable for his return.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- NHL GMs to recommend changes for faceoffs
- Paille to miss two games due to concussion
- Kings F Nolan suspended 1 game for punch
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Pittsburgh Penguins Team-Colored Knit Scarf