Chris Higgins to miss Canucks road trip
Higgins stayed home Tuesday when the team left for a three-game California road trip. Coach Alain Vigneault said after practice that Higgins' hand was so swollen he went to the hospital.
Higgins' foot ailment was originally described as a staph infection, forcing him to miss two games this month. The coach says the team is not sure what's wrong with Higgins' hand, "but we're sort of assuming that it's the same thing he had on his foot."
Higgins ranks fifth in team scoring with 10 goals and 12 assists. He has enjoyed a renaissance since joining the Canucks at last season's trade deadline.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
- Bruins win 7th straight for top spot in East
- Marleau, Pavelski power Sharks to SO win
- Lightning prevail behind Stamkos, Callahan
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Vancouver Canucks Navy Sheen Wristlet