Christian Ehrhoff injured in fight
Ehrhoff left the game after a fight with Washington's Troy Brouwer late in the first period and did not return.
Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff said Ehrhoff was going to "miss some time ... probably weeks." Ruff did not disclose Ehrhoff's injury.
The Sabres traded for Ehrhoff this summer and signed him to a 10-year, $40 million contract. He has three goals and 14 assists this season.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Blue Jackets activate Tyutin, reassign Goloubef
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Buffalo Sabres Shine Navy T-Shirt