Panthers await NHL's Krys Barch review
CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. -- Florida coach Kevin Dineen says he expects the NHL to quickly complete its review of an incident in which Panthers forward Krys Barch allegedly made a racial slur during a game.
Barch was ejected from Florida's win over Montreal on Saturday. The Miami Herald reported a linesman said he heard an inappropriate comment directed toward Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban.
Barch was on the ice Monday for practice. He did not comment after the workout. Dineen says both he and Barch will be able to speak more freely once the NHL review of the incident is complete.
Panthers center Stephen Weiss says he has talked to Barch about the matter and that his teammate "feels terrible about the misunderstanding."
Florida next plays Thursday at the New York Rangers.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Panthers jump Sabres to win NHL draft lottery
- Malkin aims to return for Game 1 of playoffs
- Predators coach Trotz out after 15 seasons
- Hartley's boss defends coach over Sedin hit
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's Montreal Canadiens Pinnacle Navy Hat