Timeline: Sidney Crosby's concussion
"He got my head, for sure," Crosby said after the game. "But I can't comment on it. I don't even know. Maybe it was so far behind the play the officials didn't see it."
That same day, the league announced Steckel would not be punished for his hit on Crosby.
"I know it's a fast game, and I think if anybody understands it's a fast game -- I've been hit a thousand times," Crosby said. "But when you get hit like that, there's nothing you can do. There's no way you can protect yourself. Those are things that hopefully [the NHL] pays more attention to."
He had missed 29 games at this point.on March 25 and March 29.
"It's a natural return for his progression here. His rehab has been ongoing," Shero said. "He's doing well with it, but at the same time, as a manager, I have no expectations of him coming back and playing in the regular season. That's not going to happen."
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Read, Flyers shut out short-handed Penguins
- Habs to have Price back in goal against Sens
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Soft-Touch Men's Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby #87 Player Replica Black T-Shirt