Mike Green to miss 4-6 weeks
Green will undergo the surgery on Tuesday, a team spokesman told ESPN.com.
Green has been limited to only 10 games this season due to a lingering groin issue. Green had a career-high 76 points (19-57) in 2009-10 but played in only 49 games last season, missing time due to a concussion and a groin injury.
Pierre LeBrun covers the NHL for ESPN.com.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Kunitz, Crosby lead Pens to 6th straight win
- Miller lifts Sabres to rare 2-game win streak
- Flyers stun Jackets on Giroux's 2 late goals
- Six players to wear new, lighter equipment
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Washington Capitals Mike Green #52 Home Red Premier Jersey