P.K. Subban fined $2,500 for trip
Subban was punished Saturday for tripping Kunitz Friday night 17:21 into the third period of Pittsburgh's 5-4 shootout win. No penalty was assessed on the play.
The fine is the maximum allowed under the league's collective bargaining agreement with the players' association. The money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Brassard, Rangers agree on five-year deal
- Reimer agrees to two-year deal with Leafs
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
- Eller agrees to 4-year deal with Canadiens
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Pittsburgh Penguins Chris Kunitz #14 Player Replica Black T-Shirt