Sidney Crosby resumes skating
Crosby is back on the ice, recently skating on his own in both Atlanta and Los Angeles as he eyes a second return this season from concussion-related symptoms.
"He has been skating pretty much all week," his agent, Pat Brisson, confirmed in an email to ESPN the Magazine.
Crosby hasn't played since Dec. 5, when the concussion symptoms returned, immediately halting his comeback after just eight games.
Crosby had 12 points in his brief action.
There is no timetable for his return. Penguins GM Ray Shero said Crosby will not play again until he is free of symptoms.
Craig Custance is a Senior NHL writer for ESPN The Magazine.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- Tatar agrees to 3-year deal with Red Wings
- Maple Leafs sign Winnik to 1-year contract
- Brassard, Rangers agree on five-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby Ticket and Bronze Coin Display