Sebastien Caron signs in Tampa
The deal is worth $525,000 but is pro-rated for the remainder of the season, a source told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun.
Caron could join the Lightning if he clears waivers at noon on Tuesday, the Lightning said.
Caron played with Iserlohn of the German Elite League this season, posting a 25-23-0 record with a 2.57 goals against average and .932 save percentage
For his NHL career, Caron has a 25-47-5 record with a 3.45 goals-against average and .892 save percentage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Struggling Flames fire GM Feaster, assistant
- St. Louis' SO goal delivers Lightning by Wings
- Jackets pounce early, extend Rangers' skid
- Iginla seals it as Bruins hold on vs. Oilers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fan Mats Tampa Bay Lightning Two Piece Printed Carpet Car Mat Set