Sharks sign D Matt Tennyson
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- The San Jose Sharks have signed Western Michigan defenseman Matt Tennyson to an entry-level contract.
The 21-year-old Tennyson was an unrestricted free agent who just finished his junior year in college before signing the deal on Thursday.
Tennyson is a native of nearby Pleasanton and is the first player in the San Jose organization who developed as a youth in the Junior Sharks system.
Tennyson led all defensemen in the Central Collegiate Hockey Association last season with 11 goals, 13 assists and 24 points in 41 games.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
- Bruins win 7th straight for top spot in East
- Marleau, Pavelski power Sharks to SO win
- Blues stay on top with 3rd-period barrage
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Party Animal San Jose Sharks Applique Banner Flag