Price goes into offseason with concussion symptoms
Price suffered the injury March 20 in a collision with a teammate David Desharnais, but played four games after that before he informed the team of his symptoms. After tests by team doctors, he was shut down for the rest of the season.
"I got run into by a teammate," he said Monday. "I got hit in the head and my spine compressed.
"I had headaches, I can play with that. But it just got worse. I told the trainers and we decided to stop playing. I've played with headaches before.
"We haven't done any X-rays yet. We're taking it day by day. I have improved over the last couple of days, which is good."
Price said he will remain in Montreal until he is symptom-free before heading to his offseason home in British Columbia.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens' Letang cleared to practice after stroke
- Stars-Jackets game rescheduled for April 9
- Flyers beat Penguins for second straight day
- Sharks shrug off Rangers to win 6th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Montreal Canadiens Shine Hunter Green T-Shirt