3 Wild players have minor surgeries
ST. PAUL, Minn. -- The Minnesota Wild said Wednesday goalie Niklas Backstrom (ankle), left wing Dany Heatley (knee) and right wing Devin Setoguchi (ankle) have all had procedures done since the season ended 10 days ago.
Backstrom played in 46 games this season, his fewest since his rookie year in 2006-07, posting a 19-18-7 record with a .919 save percentage that ranked 12th in the NHL. He was also bothered by a groin problem. Setoguchi had 19 goals and 17 assists in 69 games. Both he and Heatley were acquired in separate trades from the San Jose Sharks.
Setoguchi missed time because of a knee injury. Heatley, one of three players who appeared in every game, had 24 goals and 29 assists.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Tatar agrees to 3-year deal with Red Wings
- Maple Leafs sign Winnik to 1-year contract
- Brassard, Rangers agree on five-year deal
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Soft-Touch Men's Minnesota Wild Danny Heatley #15 Player Replica Red T-Shirt