Jiri Tlusty signs with Hurricanes
The team said Tuesday that Tlusty agreed to a deal that will pay him $1.5 million next season and $1.7 million in 2013-14.
The 24-year-old forward had career highs this season with 79 games, 17 goals, 19 assists and 36 points. He could have become a restricted free agent July 1, meaning the team had the right to match any offers he received.
Tlusty "showed that he can contribute as a top-end NHL forward," Hurricanes general manager Jim Rutherford said.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Kunitz, Crosby lead Pens to 6th straight win
- Kings' Jones keeps win streak going vs. Sharks
- Miller lifts Sabres to rare 2-game win streak
- Flyers stun Jackets on Giroux's 2 late goals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Franklin Carolina Hurricanes Mini Hockey Set