Jiri Tlusty signs with Hurricanes
The team said Tuesday that Tlusty agreed to a deal that will pay him $1.5 million next season and $1.7 million in 2013-14.
The 24-year-old forward had career highs this season with 79 games, 17 goals, 19 assists and 36 points. He could have become a restricted free agent July 1, meaning the team had the right to match any offers he received.
Tlusty "showed that he can contribute as a top-end NHL forward," Hurricanes general manager Jim Rutherford said.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
- Bruins win 7th straight for top spot in East
- Marleau, Pavelski power Sharks to SO win
- Blues stay on top with 3rd-period barrage
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Carolina Hurricanes Center Ice Collection Grey/Red Draft Flexfit Hat