Kris Versteeg has hip surgery
The team says Versteeg had the surgery Wednesday in Nashville.
Versteeg will be a restricted free agent this offseason, and the Panthers want him to return. He missed 11 games during the regular season but still established career-bests in goals (23) and points (54), while tying his season-best in assists (31) for the Southeast Division champions.
Versteeg had three goals and two assists in seven playoff games for the Panthers, who lost in an Eastern Conference first-round series to the New Jersey Devils.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Tatar agrees to 3-year deal with Red Wings
- Maple Leafs sign Winnik to 1-year contract
- Brassard, Rangers agree on five-year deal
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's New Jersey Devils Team Logo Black Practice Flexfit Hat