Flames' Olli Jokinen has surgery
The team said in a statement that Jokinen played through the injury late in the season after first experiencing discomfort March 22 in a game against Minnesota.
His operation was done Tuesday in Philadelphia. Rehabilitation is expected to last three to four weeks, and a full recovery is expected.
The 33-year-old Jokinen is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent July 1. The Finn played all 82 games of the regular season and had 23 goals and 38 assists.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Blue Jackets activate Tyutin, reassign Goloubef
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Calgary Flames Puck Mat