Claude Giroux among injured Flyers
Giroux had surgery on his right wrist to repair torn cartilage and surgery on left wrist to remove bone spurs. He needs six weeks of recovery time.
Forward Wayne Simmonds had surgery to repair a broken left index finger. His recovery time is four to six weeks.
Defenseman Matt Carle had surgery to repair a torn stomach muscle. His recovery time is four to six weeks.
Defenseman Kimmo Timonen will have surgery next week to remove a disk fragment from his lower back. Full recovery is expected in eight to 10 weeks.
Forward James van Riemsdyk will have surgery next week to repair a torn labrum in his right hip. His recovery time is six weeks.
The Flyers had 103 points in the regular season and defeated Pittsburgh in Round 1, before losing to New Jersey in five games in Round 2.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Avs goalie Varlamov has charges dropped
- Sharks star rookie Hertl likely out a month
- Kings' Jones earns 8th win in first 8 games
- Flyers get Lecavalier back, lose two others
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's Philadelphia Flyers Orange Claude Giroux #28 Lace-Up Jersey Hoodie