Scott Mellanby, Blues part ways
The 45-year-old Mellanby has been with the team the last two seasons, and was retained from Davis Payne's staff when Ken Hitchcock was hired as head coach in November. The Blues scored 109 points, second-best in franchise history.
The team said Mellanby, who played four of his 21 seasons with the Blues, was leaving to explore other career opportunities.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Wings' Howard hurts knee; Zetterberg to IR
- Sens' Cowen docked 2 games for blow to head
- Lightning's Panik is suspended for 2 games
- Blackhawks chase Emery, rough up Flyers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's St. Louis Blues 2013 Center Ice Collection Quarter-Zip Baselayer Shirt