Blues CEO Mike McCarthy out
ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Blues CEO Mike McCarthy is stepping down, not long after new ownership finalized its purchase of the franchise.
McCarthy is a founding partner of SCP Worldwide, which purchased the team and the Scottrade Center in June 2006 and moved to St. Louis full time in September 2010 to assume the role of CEO with responsibilities primarily on the business side.
McCarthy said in a statement that with the ownership on "solid footing," he was comfortable returning home.
Tom Stillman, a beer distributor, headed an all-local ownership group that purchased the team earlier this month.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Struggling Flames fire GM Feaster, assistant
- Wings goalie Howard (knee) out 2-4 weeks
- Flyers' Schenn hit with max cross-checking fine
- Blackhawks' Mayers retires after 15 seasons
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's St. Louis Blues Chris Stewart #25 Home Blue Premier Jersey