N.J., Philly to host NHL drafts
PITTSBURGH -- The NHL draft is sticking close to the league's headquarters in New York.
The league announced Friday the 2013 draft will be held at the Prudential Center, the home of the New Jersey Devils in Newark, N.J.
The 2014 edition will be at the Wells Fargo Center, home of the Philadelphia Flyers.
It will be the first time hosting the draft for both franchises, and next year's draft will be the first held in the New York area.
The NHL made the announcement shortly before the 2012 draft began at Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, where 10,000 fans scooped up tickets to the event.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Read, Flyers shut out short-handed Penguins
- Habs to have Price back in goal against Sens
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Women's New Jersey Devils Debut White T-Shirt