Wild give Matt Kassian 2-year deal
The Wild announced the deal on Friday. The 25-year-old Kassian played in 24 games for the Wild last season. He scored both of his goals in a game against Montreal on March 1 and racked up 55 penalty minutes.
The 6-foot-4 Kassian was picked in the second round of the 2005 draft and debuted with the Wild in 2010.
The Wild also signed defenseman Chay Genoway to a two-year deal. He had seven goals and 29 assists for the Houston Aeros of the AHL last season and made his NHL debut in the season finale last year.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens' Neal banned five for intentional knee
- Malkin scores in return as Pens top Jackets
- Senators' Spezza scores SO winner vs. Flyers
- Penguins place Orpik on IR with concussion
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Minnesota Wild Spray Booth Hunter Green T-Shirt